Summer is almost here and sunny days invite us to the beach. Of course, little girls like to take their Barbie dolls with them. Therefore, they need some propper beachwear too. And what will you do when your 6-year-old asks some swimsuits for her doll?! Of course you will go to internet and browse for some swimsuit patterns. To make your life a bit easier, I have made a list of some available crochet patterns for Barbie beachwear.
- Barbie Bikini (Free Crochet Pattern) by dezalyx
+ This is easy to follow pattern. If you know only basic crochet stitches, you are able to make it easyly. Also, there are some pictures added to help you through the harder places. And I absolutely love that there are only two thread ends to weave in.
– This pattern is meant for the Model Muse Barbie, but for this pattern it is no problem. I just suggest to add some lenght to the braids of bikini top. It will be much more simple to tie the braids.
If you don’t know how to crochet, then you may order these from here.
- Crochet Bikini by Daniel Bingham Design Studio
This pattern comes in two sizes: for 16” and 11,5” fashion dolls.
+ The instructions are very detailed and the pattern looks like very professional. I love the outcome: how detailed the result looks. This is due to very small crochet steel hook that is used. Also, all used abbreviations are explained. It is possible to make these bikinis in two color. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that this pattern is free.
– I didn’t like that some parts were a bit confusing and I had to unrip my work few times. There are no pictures to guide you through the harder places.
You are no crocheter?! You can order one color or two color verions from my Etsy shop. This style on bikinis is available for Monster High and Bratz dolls too. Visit this listing.
- White Shell Swimsuit by pinkpowderpuff
Her blog is full of great Barbie outfits for the belly button body type Barbie. I suggest to use 1.8 mm hook as told in the pattern, because I had a bit trouble to make the bikinis fit to my belly button Barbie since I used 1.75 mm hook.
+ Retro bikinis. This is definetly unique and one of a kind design. The texture is different from usual single crochet texture. In my opinion, this set of beachwear is more suitable for younger children to play.
– Some directions are a bit confusing. Also, I don’t like sewing snaps (it takes so much time).
- 4th of July Bikini by pinkpowderpuff
Another gorgeous set of bikinis from pinkpowderpuff. Most suggestions are same as white shell swimsuit. Instead of gluing the rhinestones, I used chain of rhinestones and sewed it on to the bikinis.
+ I love this design, cause it’s very detailed. It’s interesting to make and there’s always an option to play with other colors than those in the pattern.
– This pattern needs lots of sewing and and that makes it very time consuming.
If I find more great Barbie doll swimwear patterns, I’ll definetly share them with you. Meanwhile, leave in the comments which pattern you like. You may even share your faourite Barbie bikini pattern that I haven’t found yet.
Oh, and I have Instagram account now. Follow me @rianasbarbiecloset. 😉